*this post may contain ads or affiliate links in which i may receive a payment. they payments help support my blog. <3
Sweet Chili Pork Tacos with a Red Cabbage Slaw, Zesty Crema & topped with peanuts. Perfect for taco Tuesday… or any day!
Red cabbage… in a slaw??
Tangy and crisp Red Cabbage Slaw is the perfect topping for a taco. It’s also very simple, all you do is: In a small bowl, stir together juice from half the lime, ½ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Add half of the cabbage and a pinch of lime zest; toss to combine. Voila!
My zesty crema recipe is very simple
All you need to do is combine 2 Tbsp sour cream, a pinch of lime zest, a big pinch of garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture has a drizzling texture. Taste and that’s it!
Sweet Chili Pork Tacos
Yield 2-3 servings, double if needed
- 10 oz Ground Pork
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Lime; Zest and quarter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ponzu Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce low sodium
- 1/2 tsp white granulated sugar
- Peanuts for topping
- salt and pepper
- Prepare fresh produce according to ingredient list above.
- In a small bowl add the chili sauce, soy sauce, ponzu, cornstarch and ⅓ cup water. Set aside
- In a small bowl, stir together juice from half the lime, ½ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Add half of the cabbage and half of lime zest; toss to combine. Taste and season again if needed. Refrigerate until ready to plate
- In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, half of lime zest, a big pinch of garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture has a drizzling texture. Refrigerate until ready to plate
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining cabbage and the rest of the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chili sauce mixtures to the pork and Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring, until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm, about 30 seconds. Plate the tacos and fill with pork filling, cabbage slaw, crema, and top with peanuts. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
Can’t get enough of tacos? Try this Ground Turkey Bulgogi Taco Recipe, Here
This Chicken, Caramelized Shallots and Mushroom farfalle pasta is an easy weeknight meal that is so simple, but full of flavor!
Easy Kung Pao noodle stir fry using Panda Express Kung Pao Sauce, ground meat, vegetables and noodles!
These honey mustard chicken thighs are sweet, savory and juicy. The ingredients are simple, but you will end up with delicious chicken for dinner!