Packed with flavor, these cheesy chicken and green pepper quesadillas are so quick and easy to make, perfect for a simple weeknight meal. Paired with an easy taco seasoned crema, these cheesy green pepper quesadillas taste just as good, if not better, than any restaurant!
This post may contain ads or affiliate links in which i may receive a commission. These funds help support my blog
My chicken green pepper quesadillas are cheesy gooey on the inside and a bit crispy on the outside, perfect for dipping in a homemade taco seasoned crema! These quesadillas are a staple in our house.
Chicken and Green Pepper Quesadillas
with a taco seasoned crema
- 1 Long Green Pepper; Core, deseed, and dice green pepper into ½-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp Taco seasoning
- 10-12 oz Chicken Breast Strips
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack and mozzarella Cheese)
- Cooking Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Prep veggies according to ingredient list above.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, 4-6 minutes. add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, Add chicken strips in a bowl and Season chicken all over with 1 Tbsp taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for green pepper over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat;
- While chicken cooks, add sour cream and 1 tsp water to bowl with reserved taco seasoning. Stir until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas on a cutting board. Evenly sprinkle over half of each tortilla. Top with chicken and green pepper. Fold tortillas in half.
- Toast in toaster oven OR add a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Working on at a time, Add quesadilla and cook until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts, 3-5 minutes per side. Divide between plates and serve with crema on the side.
Do you love a crunchy tortilla dish? Try my greek inspired ground turkey tortilla bowls. recipe here!
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!