Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!
Mushrooms, chicken and mashed potatoes have always been my favorite to have for dinner, especially paired with a savory gravy or sauce. This recipe only uses one pot too, always a plus!
Ingredients for this Mushroom Chicken recipe:
- Baby Bella mushrooms
- salted butter
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- all-purpose flour
- cooking oil
- broth chicken or beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- low sodium soy sauce
- dijon mustard
- dried thyme
- garlic cloves
- heavy cream
Tools You’ll Need:
Try these dinner recipes next…
- Bbq Turkey Meatballs
- Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
- Soy Glazed Pork Bites
- Curried Shepherd’s Pie
- One Pot Ground-Turkey and Potatoes
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Breast Recipe
Serving 2, easily can be doubled
- 10 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, Sliced lengthwise into 2-3 smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups broth chicken or beef
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Prep ingredients according to the list above
- In a bowl combine the broth, Worcestershire, soy sauce, dijon mustard, and thyme. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to a large skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
- Season each side of the chicken with a pinch salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour taping off the excess.
- Heat 2 Tbsp cooking oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the 2-3 chicken pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces from pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium, add 1 tbsp butter and the sliced shallots. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth mixture and bring to a gentle boil. Let it reduce for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with 1 Tbsp of cold water in a small bowl. Add in the cornstarch slurry to the pan and mix. Reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the heavy cream and mix in the mushrooms. Add the chicken back into the mushroom sauce and heat for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with some mashed potatoes!
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Check out my 2023 list of beautiful gift ideas from Amazon for your loved ones who loves to cook & host!