Juicy pulled chicken in a deliciously tangy honey garlic sauce. The perfect crockpot dinner that takes almost no effort! Crockpot Honey Pulled Chicken recipe below..
*this post does contain affiliate links for products I love. I may receive a commission which helps support my blog!
I love crockpot recipes — you can prep it and forget about it! The flavor of the chicken has the perfect balance of sweet, tangy with a tiny bit of spice. It pairs perfect with a bowl of rice or in a pulled chicken sandwich!
Crockpot Honey Garlic Pulled Chicken Recipe
Serving 3-4 people
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Optional for serving: prepped rice, chopped green onion
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, sriracha, garlic, and rice vinegar. Place the chicken in the bottom of a crockpot. Pour the sauce over the chicken, thoroughly covering the pieces, cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or HIGH for 2 to 3 hours(I recommend low and slow). Flip the chicken halfway through. (The chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Remove the chicken to a large bowl and let cool. Add the crockpot liquid to a medium sauce pan and whisk in the cornstarch. Cook on the stovetop over medium heat and bring to a boil, then cook the sauce until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes, whisking continuously. Set aside
- With two forks shred the chicken in the large bowl. Stir in the honey garlic sauce to coat the chicken completely with the honey sauce. Serve over rice top with chopped green onions.