Greek Turkey Crispy Tortilla Bowls filled with Ground Turkey, Turkish seasoned wedge fries, Cucumber Salad & a home made Tzatziki Sauce. This easy twist on a greek dish is an all time favorite dinner recipe of mine!
What is in Turkish Seasoning
Some Turkish seasoning mixes may include: paprika, garlic powder, dried cilantro, salt, dried mint, sugar, turmeric, onion powder, ground cumin, black pepper, smoked paprika, ground cinnamon. I follow this recipe from Sprinkles & Sprouts and I love it, link to their recipe HERE
What does Tzatziki sauce taste like
Refreshing and tangy, that’s the quick and simple way to define what a Tzatziki sauce tastes like. My recipe is simple: grated cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise , a squeeze of lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper
Greek Crispy Tortilla Bowls
with seasoned wedge fries, Cucumber Salad & Tzatziki Sauce.
- 16oz ground Turkey
- 5-6 gold Idaho potatoes – Wash and dry Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges, soak in cold water
- 1 Cucumber – Trim and dice half the cucumber into 1/4-inch pieces; grate remaining cucumber
- 1 Roma Tomato – de-seed, Dice into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, small diced- 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Lemon, zest and half- (plus wedges for serving)
- 1 Tbsp Greek Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Turkish Spice Blend
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 3/4 cup broth or water
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Optional: sprinkle of sugar for the wedge fries (inspired by the WingStop Fry Seasoning)
- Adjust rack to top middle position and another rack underneath, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prep fresh ingredients according to ingredient list above.
- Drain and pat dry the potato wedges. Toss the cut wedges on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half of the Turkish blend(1/2 tbsp), salt, and pepper. Roast on middle lower rack for 20-25 minutes
- Wrap 4 tortillas in a damp towel and microwave in 30 seconds increments until pliable. Lightly brush each side of tortillas with cooking oil. Using the back side of a cupcake sheet, form each tortilla into a loose bowl shape tuck between cups and press each tortilla down in the middle(its okay if the shape isn’t perfect). Bake for 6-10 minutes, medium rack, making sure not to burn the tortillas. Once done, set aside and let them cool. Give the fries a toss and place on upper middle rack for rest of the baking.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the ground Turkey. Cook until it is browned, about 5-6 minutes. Add the rest of the Turkish seasoning, half of the minced garlic, pepper and salt; stir together. Add 3/4 cup broth or water. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce has soaked into meat, about 8-10 minutes. Taste and Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- While the everything cooks, add the grated cucumber to a bowl, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice from half the lemon, a big pinch of garlic, salt, and pepper. Taste and refrigerate tzatziki sauce. (see notes)
- In a second medium bowl, combine diced cucumber, tomato, and diced shallot; add Greek vinaigrette, lemon zest, lemon juice from the other half, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to plate
- Spread some Tzatziki sauce on the bottom each tortilla. Fill bottom half with ground Turkey, some wedge fries and as much cucumber salad as you like and top with a drizzle of Tzatziki sauce. Serve with the wedge fries, lemon wedges and remaining Tzatziki, enjoy!
NOTE: Add 1 Tbsp of water at a time to the Tzatziki sauce if you’d like a runnier texture.
Try my Shrimp Scampi Tacos if you need more delicious dinner ideas! Recipe HERE
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!