I’ve tested a lot of mug cake recipes for a quick dessert and wow…this chocolate buttermilk mug cake is BY FAR my favorite. Stop your search, this is the mug cake you’ve been looking for…
Why use buttermilk?
Using regular milk will give a cake a subtle flavor, but buttermilk will give even more flavor with its rich, buttery taste. It makes baked goods moist right from the start and helps the cake rise. I will now always have a carton of buttermilk so I can make this recipe.
Chocolate Buttermilk Mug Cake Recipe
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Hershey’s cocoa special dark 100% cacao Powder
- 3 Tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp Buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, plus some for topping
1. Combine flour, dark cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a microwave-safe mug. Stir well.
2. Add in buttermilk and canola oil. Whisk together with a fork. Stir in chocolate chips. Microwave for 60 seconds, or until the cake is set (30 second increments after, for me 2 minutes total is perfect). Enjoy with whipped cream and chocolate chips!
Need another really easy dessert idea? Try this 2 ingredient chocolate bar recipe
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!