This is a really simple and flavorful recipe for making a small-batch mushroom gravy. Takes only 15 minutes, including prep, to make and only requires 8 ingredients, a few you probably already have.
This recipe is very easy and takes less than 15 minutes to make. All you need to make this recipe is olive oil or butter, thinly sliced baby mushrooms or white button mushrooms, sliced shallot, minced garlic, all-purpose flour, beef or vegetable broth, salt and pepper to taste.
Once all your veggies are prepped, in a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Saute mushrooms and shallots, 4-5 minutes, stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Add in garlic and stir until fragrant about 30 sec
Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer until thickened, then remove from heat. Taste for salt and pepper and season to taste.
I love to pour this mushroom gravy over steak, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, in a cheese steak sandwich; the options are endless. When I have leftovers of gravy i’ll even mix it into a soup base. It is so good!
Small-batch mushroom gravy
yield for 3-4 people
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces thinly sliced baby mushrooms or white button mushrooms
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth or homemade broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Saute the sliced mushrooms and shallots 4-5 minutes, stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Add in garlic and stir until fragrant about 30 sec
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until thickened, then remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed
Enjoy this Small-batch mushroom gravy with some homemade english muffins! A twist on the classic biscuits and gravy
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!