This easy Korean chicken breast recipe comes together in just under 30 minutes and is perfect for those who are looking to add some sweet and slightly spicy kicks to their meals.
Making This Korean chicken recipe is very easy and perfect for days where you don’t know what to make for lunch or dinner. Made with simple ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes. Plus, we use chicken breast in this recipe making it a slightly healthier version of the original, normally made with chicken thighs.
Is Getting Gochujang worth it?
Korean food has been a favorite of mine, I’ve been ordering beef bulgogi for as long as I can remember. I’ve tried to make Korean dishes at home but it never comes out the same as a restaurant, but then I discovered Gochujang, which is a spicy paste used in Korean cooking, made from red chili peppers, fermented soybeans, rice, and salt.
Using Gochujang will add a salty, savory and slightly sweet flavor, which in my opinion is the perfect flavor in soups, stews, marinades and sauces. If you love Korean food, having Gochujang on hand is definitely worth it!
Easy Korean Chicken Breast Recipe
Serving size 4, cook time under 30 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Boneless
- Cooking oil
- Optional: chopped green onions for topping
Korean Chicken Marinade
- 2 large Garlic cloves Minced
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp Gochujang Paste
- 2 Tbsp low sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Add chicken breast to a large plastic bag or in between parchment paper. Using a roller, pound chicken breast down to about 1/2 inch thickness
- Mix together the Korean chicken marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to the marinade and mix well
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes or up to 8 hours.(I make rice at this point)
- Heat a large drizzle of oil on a large pan over medium high heat.
- Let the excess marinade drip off chicken. Add chicken in a single layer making sure not to overcrowd (do in batches if needed). Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes. (Note: Internal temp of cooked chicken is 165 degree F.)
- Serve with rice. Sprinkle and green onion on top.
Note: Internal temp of cooked chicken is 165 degree F.
Easy Kung Pao noodle stir fry using Panda Express Kung Pao Sauce, ground meat, vegetables and noodles!
These honey mustard chicken thighs are sweet, savory and juicy. The ingredients are simple, but you will end up with delicious chicken for dinner!
Our honey garlic carrots are so delicious and incredibly easy to make. Oven Roasted carrots prepared with a sweet, honey garlic butter glaze. One of my favorite ways to make carrots!