How to make Greek Inspired Vegetable Wrap
How to make a Greek inspired vegetable wrap with oven roasted veggies, a simply made Tzatziki sauce, red pepper hummus and garlic seasoned rice all bundled up in a crispy flour tortilla. Restaurant quality meal made in your own kitchen.
*this post may contain ads or affiliate links, these links help support my blog <3.
This meal recipe was inspired by an EveryPlate meal we received! It was so good but the recipe needed some minor tweaks. It has now been our go-to vegetarian lunch and dinner ever since! I get a lot of inspiration from EveryPlate if you’d like to check them out, heres $105 off some boxes
Vegetarian meals are usually something I steer clear of. We normally have a type of meat in every meal but I love the idea of eating less meat in general, that’s why I enjoy recipes like this veggie wrap. Something hearty, full of healthy vegetables that make me feel full but also doesn’t sacrifice on taste.
How to make a simple tzatziki sauce
A simple tzatziki sauce is very easy to make and uses all of ingredients you may all ready have! My Tzatziki style sauce includes sour cream, grated fresh cucumber, garlic, salt and pepper. Thats it! I love to use this sauce in many recipes including my Greek Inspired Crispy Tortilla Bowls, recipe here.
What kind of vegetables can I use?
You can use any kind of veggies that grow in a garden! I love to use any type of onion and peppers have in the fridge. Roasted tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, squash and mushrooms work beautifully as well. You really can get creative with this vegetable wrap!
Greek Inspired Vegetable Garden Wrap
serving size 2-3
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Zucchini halve lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/2“ thick half-moons.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Halve, core, and slice bell pepper into 1/2“ thick strips.
- 1 Red Onion Halve, peel, and slice onion into 1/2“ thick strips
- 1 Persian Cucumber grate half the cucumber on the larger holes of a box grater; thinly slice remaining half
- 1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Greek Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2-3 large Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper Hummus
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. adjust oven rack to top position. Prep the veggies according to ingredient list above.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic and 1/4 tsp oregano cook 30 seconds. Add the rice and stir. Stir in 3/4 cup water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 15-18 minutes. Keep covered and off heat until plating.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper, and onion on a baking sheet with 1/2 tsp dried oregano, a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast 18 minutes, or until browned.
- While the veggies roast, in a small bowl combine the sour cream, the rest of the minced garlic and grated cucumber. Season with salt and pepper, taste and refrigerate until veggies are done.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, add them to a medium bowl. Toss in the thinly sliced cucumber and mix in the greek vinaigrette.
- Lay tortillas out on a clean work surface. Starting with the hummus, spread on the bottom half each tortilla. Top each with some rice and as many roasted veggies as you like. Drizzle some tzatziki sauce on top. Fold up the bottom side of the tortilla over the filling, then fold over left and right sides toward middle. Roll up tortilla, starting with filled side, to form wraps. (See my video above if you need visual instruction)
- Add a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add wraps, seam sides down, and cook for 1 minute on each side until nice and crispy.
- Serve with any remaining rice, roasted veggies and tzatziki sauce to dip.
Do you love a good vegetarian sandwich? Try my favorite, zucchini and tomato jam panini on a ciabatta, recipe here!
Turkey Bacon Sandwich With Tomato Jam
My Favorite Turkey bacon Sandwich includes a tomato jam, leafy greens, sliced cucumber, a garlic aioli all tucked together in a crunchy ciabatta roll.
Thai Basil Ground Turkey Recipe
If you love Thai food you need to make this easy, Thai Basil Ground Turkey dish made with just a few simple ingredients and about 15 minutes to make!
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Breast (Easy Recipe)
Slow cooker Asian chicken breast recipe cooked with a Go-chu-jang, soy sauce, sweet chili based sauce and then shredded. Easy and satisfying crock pot dinner!
Leave a Reply