Trader Joe’s Thai Wheat Noodles have become a favorite pantry product in our household. Add some veggies and protein and you now have a restaurant quality noodle stir fry!
At the time of posting this blog, it is $2.99 for a 21-ounce boxes of Thai Wheat Noodles, each containing three 7-oz. packs of Noodles.
I personally loved this product and give this a 9.5/10. It loses half a point for the smell of the noodles before cooking. It has a bit of a “play-dough” smell. But the smell completely goes away when cooked. The flavor and texture of the noodles is very impressive. Its nice to always have a box of these noodles in the pantry so you can create a restaurant quality noodle dish whenever! I was definitely surprised on how much I liked the sauce recipe included on the box. Noodle stir fry filled with veggies and protein, full recipe below.
I made a noodle stir fry by starting off by prepping and sautéing some stir fry veggies(carrots, minced garlic and shallots) and fried up some of my favorite mango Jalapeño sausages. For the sauce, I followed the recipe on the back of the box plus a bit of modification. Heres the full stir fry recipe I use
Noodle Stir fry Recipe:
- 1 serving size Thai Wheat Noodles from trader joe’s
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- half a shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 mango Jalapeño sausages, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup arugula
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium size pot, fill with water(leaving an inch or two unfilled) and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, in another cooking pan, drizzle a bit of oil and fry the sausages over medium high heat about 5 minutes. stirring occasionally. Add sausages to a bowl
- In the same pan used for the sausages, add the veggies(except arugula) and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper
- Prep the sauce ingredients while veggies cook.
- Add the sausages back into the pan with the cooked veggies. Add the wheat noodles to boiling water for a 30 seconds – 1 minute. Drain and throw them in the pan with the veggies and sausages, add in the sauce, arugula and season with salt and pepper and give it a good toss. Enjoy!
Next time you’re at your local Trader Joes, Pick up a box and give them a try!
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!