My perfect weeknight dinner consists of Shrimp Scampi Tacos with a red cabbage slaw and a drizzle of spicy Sriracha crema! A zesty twist to a classic dish!
***this post may contain ads of products, i may receive a commission. These ads help support my blog. ❤
This recipe is very simple but full of flavor! From the perfectly cooked garlic shrimp, zesty cabbage slaw and a punch of spice from the Sriracha crema! Its the perfect flavor combination for your Taco Tuesday festivites and you can prep ahead of time!
Zesty Shrimp Scampi Tacos Recipe
Serving size 2-3 people
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Limes (plus more if serving with tacos)
- 1 T Sriracha (more or less depending on your spice tolerance)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 T water
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chop
- 1.5 lb shelled shrimp or de-shelled (I use shelled for more flavor)
- 1 T avocado oil or cooking oil
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup broth or wine
- street taco tortillas ( I used corn )
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Crumbled Cojita cheese
- lime wedges for serving
- In a bowl, add the sour cream, sriracha, juice from 1 lime, water and season with a pinch salt and pepper. Mix together, taste and adjust the sriracha, salt and pepper if needed, set aside in the fridge.
- Add the chopped cabbage, onions, cilantro and juice from 1 lime in a larger bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Set aside in the fridge until taco assembly time.
- In a large skillet over medium high, melt 2 T butter with 1 Tbsp oil. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, a pinch of salt, a pinch of red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let the broth reduce for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until they turn pink, 2 to 5 per side minutes depending upon their size. Turn off the heat and set the shrimp scampi aside to cool. If you used shelled shrimp, carefully de-shell your shrimp at this point and discard(or save) the shells.
- Warm up the tortillas on a plate covered with a damp paper towel. Microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Assemble your tacos starting with the Corn tortillas, cabbage slaw, and shrimp scampi. Drizzle each taco with the sriracha crema and then a crumble of cojita cheese. Enjoy with a wedge lime!