Marzipan orange chocolate truffle recipe using only 4 ingredients! Marzipan is delicious on its own, but coating them in an orange zested chocolate is the perfect dessert.
*this post may contain ads or affiliate links on this site, these ads and the funds I receive help support my blog <3
What is Marzipan?
Marzipan is a light, dough-like mixture made by mixing finely-ground almonds with sugar, corn syrup and egg whites. It has a nutty flavor and can be very sweet. Marzipan pairs perfectly with the chocolate and orange flavor in the truffles. You can use marzipan when making cookies, cakes and pralines too! My dad loves marzipan and said this recipe is “100 times better than the See’s Candy version”.
Marzipan Orange Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- 7 ounces Marzipan
- 6-8 ounces dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large Orange, zested
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- Optional: flakey salt for topping
- Break off pieces of the marzipan and form about 3/4 inch sized balls. Should be enough for about 15-17 truffles. Set aside
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or nonstick sheet.
- Place a heat-proof bowl over a medium pot of simmering water. Melt all of your chocolate in the bowl, stirring, then remove the pot from the heat with the bowl still on top. You’ll want to keep the bowl over the pot so the chocolate doesn’t start to harden.
- Once your chocolate is melted, stir in the orange zest and butter or coconut oil until smooth and combined .
- Wipe down your bowl as there will be some condensation on there. You don’t want the condensation to drip into your chocolate
- Dip the marzipan balls into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off (I used 2 fork) and then place them on the wax paper. Optional: once coated top each with a pinch of flakey salt.
- Let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes then carefully transfer to the fridge for at least 20 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
Tip: If your chocolate has hardened to much, place the pot back on heat and stir in splashes of milk or cream to get a smooth texture
Are you a lover of an easy dessert recipe? Try this super easy graham racker snickerdoodle cupcakes, you wont regret it
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!