Literally the best baked beans ever, at least that’s what my mom tells me! But really, this dish is delicious. If you make this for your family or friends it will be requested that you make this again and again and again. It’s that good
*This post does contain ads and affiliate links of products, the funds i receive help me make delicious meals!
This is a very easy recipe with little ingredients required. You will definitely want to start this recipe early because it will take 3 hours to bake. But time will result in the best The Best Baked Beans Ever!
The Best Baked Beans Recipe
- 8 strips bacon divided (6 cooked & 2 uncooked) (I prefer Turkey Bacon)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup molases
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- baked beans (48-50 oz total)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke(optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree F.
Fry 6 of the bacon in a large skillet. Chop up the cooked bacon into pieces and set aside(save 2 of the uncooked bacon).
2. Reserve 2 tablespoon of bacon grease. Using the same pan, sauté onions and peppers over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes. Turn off heat.
3. Mix all ingredients together except the 2 uncooked bacon into a larger baking dish.
4. Chop up the uncooked bacon and sprinkle the over the top of the beans
5. Bake uncovered for 2.5-3 hours @ 300 degrees on the bottom middle rack.
Enjoy when warm!
Need more BBQ Side dishes? Try my easy Skillet Elote Dish, Recipe HERE
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!