My moms layered Graham Cracker Snickerdoodle Cupcakes using a box of yellow cake mix is so easy to make and everyone at the party will be obsessed and ask for the recipe!
For the past 10 years my mom has been making this Graham cracker snickerdoodle recipe for every birthday party, backyard bbq, 4th of July parties, etc. The snickerdoodle yellow cake mixture and Graham cracker crumb layer are a match made in heaven and comes together in less than 30 minutes.
My favorite butter Cream Frosting
Normally I’ll make this Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting to top my snickerdoodle cupcakes. The flavors pair perfectly together, we’ve had family members use this Graham Cracker snickerdoodle cake recipe and brown sugar buttercream frosting recipe as their wedding cake! It is that good. For the frosting all you need is:
Or just keep it easy a pick up a tub of Vanilla Frosting! My favorite currently is Duncan Hines Creamy Vanilla Frosting
Graham Cracker Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
yield about 24 cupcakes, prep time: 5 minutes, Bake time: 18-21 minutes
Graham cracker crumb mixture
- 1 box Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Classic yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for greasing cupcake pan
- 1 cup water
Optional: top with frosting, chopped cooked bacon or extra Graham cracker crumb
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. adjust rack to the upper middle position. Lightly grease your cupcake pans and set aside
- In a medium bowl mix together the graham cracker crumb mixture.
- In another medium bowl, add the cake mixture ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, add a spoonful of cake mixture to each cupcake. Sprinkle a layer of the graham cracker crumb mixture. Add another spoonful of the yellow cake mix. Top with one more layer of graham crumbs(should have enough for about 24 cupcakes). Bake at 350 Degree F. for 18-21 minutes, until the cupcakes are completely set in the middle(use a toothpick to check).
- Add cupcakes to a wire rack completely cool before frosting.
Do you have a big sweet tooth like me? Try this Oreo Whoopie Pie using a Box Cake Mix, recipe here.
This Chicken, Caramelized Shallots and Mushroom farfalle pasta is an easy weeknight meal that is so simple, but full of flavor!
Easy Kung Pao noodle stir fry using Panda Express Kung Pao Sauce, ground meat, vegetables and noodles!
These honey mustard chicken thighs are sweet, savory and juicy. The ingredients are simple, but you will end up with delicious chicken for dinner!