Five Spice Ground Turkey is a super quick and easy stir-fry recipe that’s full of savory, sweet and warm flavors!
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option. Substitute the bell peppers with your favorite stir fry vegetables if needed!
Ingredients needed for this Five Spice Ground Turkey recipe
- ground turkey
- cooking oil
- ground White Pepper
- corn starch
- Chinese Five Spice Powder
- white sugar
- low sodium light soy sauce
- balsamic vinegar
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- green bell pepper
- fresh ginger
- garlic cloves
What is Chinese Five Spice?
Chinese Five spice is a blend of star anise, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and fennel seeds. This spice blend adds a delicious flavor to Asian dishes, poultry and meats. Or spice up your fall baking this year and Five spice to your muffins, pumpkin pies, cookies and so much more!
Tools You’ll Need:
Try these dinner recipes next…
- Bbq Turkey Meatballs
- Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
- Soy Glazed Pork Bites
- Curried Shepherd’s Pie
- One Pot Ground-Turkey and Potatoes
Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry
- 8 oz ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/8 tsp ground White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp low sodium light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, sliced into ¼-inch wide strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into ¼-inch wide strips, then cut in half
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger , grated on small plane
- 3 Garlic cloves , peeled and minced
- optional: Serve with rice and chopped peanuts for topping
- Prep the ingredients according to the list above
- Mix together the corn starch, white pepper, Chinese five spice powder, white sugar, low sodium light soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, 3 Tbsp water, a pinch of salt and pepper in a small measuring cup or bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the shallots, cook for 2 minutes. Add in the ground Turkey, breaking up the meat and cook another 4-6 minutes, until browned. Season with a nice pinch of salt and pepper
- Add in the bell pepper, cook 2 minutes. Mix in ginger and garlic for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the sauce to the pan, cooking for a minute, until the sauce thickens and everything is coated
- Serve with white rice and top with chopped peanuts
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!
Check out my 2023 list of beautiful gift ideas from Amazon for your loved ones who loves to cook & host!