Slow cooker Asian chicken breast recipe cooked with a Go-chu-jang, soy-sauce, sweet chili based sauce and then shredded. Serve with rice and vegetables for an easy and satisfying crock pot dinner!
The Asian inspired sauce is what makes this chicken dish delicious! All you need is Go-chu-jang, garlic, sweet chili sauce, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine, MSG(or salt), sesame oil, brown sugar and hoisin.
Mix it together with the chicken, cook on slow for 5-7 hours in your slow cooker and then you’ll shred the chicken. Add a cornstarch slurry and cook for 30 more minutes to thicken to sauce and voila! Crockpot recipes are always my favorite when I want an easy dinner.
Tools You’ll Need
Is cooking with a crock pot easy?
Cooking using a crock pot is very easy to do – just layer your food into the crock, set it and forget it! It really is that easy. I find cooking on low and slow has a better end result.
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 lb thawed chicken breasts
- 1Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 cup water
- Optional: chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Go-chu-jang
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil, toasted
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp msg (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix together the Chili Sauce ingredients together in a bowl
- lightly greased the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the chicken, pour the asian sauce over the chicken
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- Shred chicken in the crockpot. mix the cornstarch with 1/8 cup water and add to the crockpot. Stir and cook on high for 30 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice, veggies and top with green onions.
If you love an easy crock pot chicken recipe, check out my favorite honey pulled chicken recipe using a slow cooker, Recipe here
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!