My moms chocolate chip scones are THE BEST! They are so easy to make and always a favorite when served for breakfast on holidays and birthdays. Perfect for a sweet breakfast, brunch or dessert!
My mom has been making these scones for breakfast every Christmas morning since I was a kid! Now its very special that I can pass this recipe off to anyone who needs an easy chocolate chip scone fix ❤️
A traditional scone uses heavy cream and eggs to get a sturdy, crumbly, scone. This recipe uses buttermilk instead making them extra fluffy and flaky. You will not want to stop eating these chocolate chip sones.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Chip Scones:
- all purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- semi sweet chocolate chips
The Best Chocolate Chip Scones
Yield: 12 scones
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (Brown sugar works great too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and adjust rack to middle top position. Mix everything(except chocolate chips) together in a bowl until combined. Then mix chocolate chips in.
- Place a small fistful amount of the mixture on parchment paper or greased pan, space scones about 1 inch apart (should have 12 scones).
- Bake the scones at 400 degrees for about 13-17 minutes, until your scones have golden brown peaks. Enjoy warm 😋
Try these recipes next…
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!