Sweet and savory mango ground turkey fajitas filled with ground turkey and mango chunks cooked in a taco seasoning blend, a zesty mango salsa and a quickly made crema dressing. Shake things up on your next taco Tuesday!
*this post may contain ads or affiliate links on this site, these ads and the funds I receive help support my blog <3
Easy Mango Chunky Salsa
Adding fruits to a salsa is a great way to add a burst of flavor and freshness into a dish. For this mango salsa you will need of course a mango, shallots or onion, juice from a lemon, chopped spinach, sugar, salt and pepper. You can get creative with this recipe and add in some Jalapeño, chopped tomatoes, cilantro or your favorite salsa add-ins.
Quickly made Crema dressing
I personally love making a Crema dressing for tacos, taquitos, wraps and of course, fajitas! We’ve used sour cream in this crema for a healthy alternative. For this crema all you need is sour cream, lemon juice, taco seasoning, water, minced garlic, salt and pepper. This recipe is so good, it almost taste like a homemade ranch with a kick! You can substitute a lime for the lemon, add in some hot sauce or your favorite seasonings!
Mango Ground Turkey Fajitas
serving size; 2-3, double if needed
- 10 oz Ground Turkey
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Shallot, peeled and thinly slice, finely chop 1/4 cups worth
- 4-6 medium sizeFlour Tortillas
- Taco seasoning(unsalted) 2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped ( works well with arugula, cilantro, etc)
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Wash and prep fresh produce according to ingredient list above.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lemon zest, 1/2 tsp taco seasoning 1 TBSP water , juice from a quarter of the lemon, a pinch of garlic, salt, and pepper. In a second small bowl, combine half the cut mango pieces, 1/2 cup chopped spinach, thinly sliced shallots, juice from a quarter of the lemon, ½ tsp sugar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large cooking pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining reserved 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add ground turkey, 2 tsp taco seasoning, and season with of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked , about 6-8 minutes. Stir in the remaining mango and remaining garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and fragrant, about 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave until pliable, about 30 seconds.
- Fill warmed tortillas with turkey mixture and top with the mango salsa and crema
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!