This Creamy Shrimp Penne with Roasted Vegetables is loaded with red bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini and garlicky shrimp; this dish has a ton of flavor and is very easy to make.
Creamy Shrimp Penne with Roasted Vegetables
- 6-8 oz Penne Pasta
- 8-10oz shrimp frozen shrimp (I use shelled for flavor and to make a broth)
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 Zucchini; cut crosswise into ¾-inch-thick half-moons
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Lemon, zested and quartered
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tomato; Cut tomato into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- 1 red Bell Pepper Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- 2 Scallions; Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prep veggies according to ingredients list above.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper, and tomato on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, 1/2 tbsp of the Italian Seasoning, pinch of pepper flakes (optional) salt, and pepper. Roast on middle rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium high, melt 1 T butter with 1 Tbsp oil. Add half the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 sec- 1 min. broth, a pinch of salt, a pinch of red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let the broth reduce for about 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen shrimp and sauté until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes per side minutes depending upon their size(do in batches if needed). Turn off the heat and set the shrimp aside in a bowl. carefully de-shell/deveined your shrimp at this point(and save the garlic butter sauce for a later step)( save the shells.optional: to make a broth)
- Once water is boiling, add pasta to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, according to your box instructions (9-11 minutes minites). Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain and set aside.
- Heat pot used for shrimp over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp butter, remaining garlic, and scallion whites; cook, stirring, until Sautéed, 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir shrimp (with butter sauce)into pot until combined, then add the Parmesan and lemon zest to taste. Stir in drained pasta, roasted veggies, and splashes of reserved pasta cooking water IF needed until everything is coated in. Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with scallion greens and Parmesan. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Do you love easy shrimp dinners? Try this honey garlic glazed shrimp recipe, here!
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!