Sticky sweet and garlicky, this glazed shrimp recipe is so easy and hands down, the most addicting shrimp ever!
Is it okay to cook shrimp from frozen?
Yes. shrimp are so small and so quick to cook that it’s hard to undercook them or serve them underdone. I always have a bag of frozen shrimp just in case I need a quick dinner. Serve your shrimp with some honey roasted carrots, recipe here
Should you save your shrimp shells?
Oh yeah! If you peel your shrimp for a dish before or after cooking, don’t throw away the shells. You’ll be throwing the flavor all away. The shells are packed with rich flavor that easily infuse into water, which makes a beautiful choice for a delicious stock. Here’s my favorite Shrimp Shell Stock recipe that’s very easy to make!
Honey Garlic Glazed Shrimp
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 T cooking oil
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 lb frozen shelled shrimp or de-shelled (I use shelled for flavor and to make a broth)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: pinch of red pepper flakes
- Optional: serve with white rice and veggies
- In a small bowl mix together the honey, soy sauce, cornstarch and half the minced garlic
- In a large skillet over medium high, melt 2 T butter with 1 Tbsp oil. Add half the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 sec- 1 min. broth, a pinch of salt, a pinch of red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let the broth reduce for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes per side minutes depending upon their size(do in batches if needed). If you used shell-less shrimp move on to step 4.. If you used shelled shrimp, Turn off the heat and set the shrimp aside in a bowl. carefully de-shell/deveined your shrimp at this point(and save the garlic butter sauce for a later step)( save the shells.optional: to make a broth)
- Add shrimp plus butter/garlic sauce back into pan. Pour in honey sauce, bring to boil over medium high and cook until sauce has thickened a bit, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Plate shrimp with sauce and serve with a white rice and steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Do you love shrimp? Check out my shrimp garlic shrimp recipe, here
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!