Homemade Honey Teriyaki Chicken is incredibly easy to make and pleases just about everyone with its sweet and savory flavor.
This teriyaki chicken makes the best entree for lunch and dinner. Serve this up with some rice, some delicious roasted carrots, and arugula and you got yourself a delicious meal!
What does Teriyaki sauce taste like?
Teriyaki Sauce tastes savory, sweet and salty; some describe the taste like soy sauce mixed with honey, which is exactly what this sauce is made out of!
Easy Honey Teriyaki Chicken
2 servings, easily can be doubled
- 8oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 2.5 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Recommended: rice, veggies and chopped green onions for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add cubed chicken and brown chicken until cooked through and it is no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch.
- Once chicken is browned, add the teriyaki sauce to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring frequently until the sauce has thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately with rice, vegetables and garnish with green onion
Note: this recipe yield is about 2 servings, please double if needed!
Need More Easy Rice Bowl Ideas? General Tso Potstickers (using frozen potstickers), Recipe HERE
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!