This easy, Creamy Tomato Chicken Rigatoni comes together quickly with just a few ingredients, making it the ultimate comfort meal for any day of the week.
*this post may contain affiliate links and ads in which I may receive a commission. These funds help support my blog
WHAT CAN I ADD TO THIS RIGATONI RECIPE?
I love to add vegetables to the mix such as spinach, mushroom, zucchini, red bell pepper, broccoli, or carrots.
Easy Creamy Tomato Chicken Rigatoni
- 10 oz rigatoni
- 12 oz chicken breast, diced
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan plus more for topping
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: fresh basil, torn for topping
- Bring a pot of water to boil, salt it generously and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep pan over medium high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened and chicken is browned. Stir in the garlic, oregano, marjoram, thyme, chill flakes (season with salt and pepper) and mix. Add in the tomato sauce and tomato paste and mix. Mix in the chicken stock and allow the sauce to boil 2-3 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- stir in the half and half. Allow it to come to a boil. Then lower the heat to medium for 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Toss in cooked pasta to the pan and stir in the Parmesan. Taste and season to taste if needed and serve immediately, with extra Parmesan on top if you like.
Note: if sauce is too thick, stir in splashes of reserved pasta water.
Love pasta dishes? Try this One-skillet Tilapia with a Creamy Lemon Sauce, recipe here
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!