Bulgogi turkey stir-fry is my go-to dinner recipe when I want something easy to make, but also super flavorful. Its savory, sweet, salty, a little bit spicy. Serve it with white, brown rice, lettuce or noodles and you now have a tasty weeknight meal!
What is Bulgogi?
Bulgogi typically is thin marinated slices of meat, most commonly thinly sliced ribeye. The flavor of the marinade is typically savory, salty and sweet; sometimes spicy. We typically have ground turkey in our household so I use that instead of beef because it is lower in saturated fat and better for our heart. Its delicious and a little more nutritious.
Ingredients needed for this bulgogi turkey stir fry
The Bulgogi sauce is what gives the dish so much flavor. The sauce is simple with ingredients that you may already have in the pantry! If you like a spicier bulgogi, add 1 minced spicy red pepper. Heres the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- ground turkey
- chopped vegetables (I used mushrooms, carrots and spinach)
- green onion
- Cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- soy sauce – low sodium
- gochujang (more or less depending on spice preference)
- rice wine vinegar
- sesame oil
- honey or use brown sugar
- red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
I am a huge fan of stir-fry dinners and make them a few times a week. If you are looking for quick and easy weeknight dinners, stir-fry are the way to go. You have your protein, your veggies and it takes less than 30 minutes to make a tasty dinner. Sounds like a win to me!
Try these easy dinner recipes next…
- Bbq Turkey Meatballs
- Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
- Soy Glazed Pork Bites
- Curried Shepherd’s Pie
- One Pot Ground-Turkey and Potatoes
Bulgogi Turkey Stir Fry Recipe
Serving size 2-3
- 8-10 oz ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cup chopped vegetables into 1/2 ” pieces (I used mushrooms, carrots and spinach)
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion; thinly slice for topping
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
Bulgogi Sauce Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce – low sodium
- 1-2 Tbsp gochujang (more or less depending on spice preference)
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh zested ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less depending on spice preference)
- Black pepper to taste
- Prep the fresh produce according to ingredient list above
- In a medium bowl, combine the bulgogi sauce ingredients
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the shallots, cook for 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey, stir and cook until browned and cooked, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped veggies to the same pan and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in bulgogi sauce mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until combined, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and 1 TBSP butter until melted and spinach is wilted . Turn off heat.
- Sprinkle with scallion greens and enjoy with white, brown rice or noodles.
Try these recipes next…
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!