This sweet-spicy ponzu meatball recipe is by far my favorite meatball recipe! With only 8 ingredients needed, this is a very simple and tasty dinner recipe
If you have not tried Ponzu, you need to! Ponzu is a delicious sauce, similar to soy sauce, but it has a delicious tart/tangy flavor! I add sriracha to the meatballs which adds a very mild spice that is very tasty. We were inspired by an EveryPlate recipe to recreate this Ponzu meatball recipe. If you love tasty cheap dinners, check them out
We normally eat this with rice and garlicky green beans! I like to season the green beans with salt, pepper and garlic. The perfect bite is a half meatball with a bit of rice soaks up the delicious ponzu sauce. Its heavenly
Sweet-Spicy Ponzu Meatballs
Ingredients (serving size: 2-3 people, double recipe if needed)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 slice white bread
- Ground Pork 8 oz (ground turkey works great too)
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha(put more if you want it very spicy or less)
- 3 Tbsp Ponzu
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, soak bread with 3 TBSP water ; let absorb, then break up with your hands until pasty. Add pork, chopped garlic, sriracha, salt (I used ¾ tsp kosher salt), and pepper. Mix to combine, then form into 1-inch balls(you should have about 10 meatballs).
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ponzu, ¼ cup water, and 1½ TBSP sugar set aside for the next step.
- Stir in ponzu mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until meatballs are coated in a syrupy glaze, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter until melted.
- Serve meatballs with your preferred sides( rices, mashed potatoes, etc), drizzle remaining glaze on top of the meatballs.
- Enjoy 🙂
Still hungry? Try this very easy Tonkotsu Recipe
Homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce is fresh, bright and adds a tasty sweetness to Holiday dishes, sandwiches, charcuteries boards and more.
This warming Five Spice Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with green bell peppers is full of flavor, freshness from the bell peppers and makes the perfect dinner option.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken is savory, juicy and full of flavor. This chicken breast recipe is a crowd pleaser especially paired with garlic mashed potatoes!